South African power utility, Eskom confirmed on Wednesday that former acting chief executive Matshela Koko and former acting group executive …read more
Client: Private Developer
Location: Jane Furse – Limpopo
Project Value: R 2 Million
The electrical project scope including specification, design and costing had to be produced from scratch and presented to the client for adjustment to cater to the budget without quality and functionality compromise until approval stage.
Generic Core provided the designs, specifications, costing, did the full installation, commissioning and testing of the entire shopping centre. This included liaising with Eskom to provide client with line relocations, supply connections and supply load required as well as the certificate of compliance required by Eskom before electrical feed goes live. Pre-paid meters were installed and a final certificate of compliance issued.
1. Tasks included calculating lighting required based on sizes of the shops designed.
2. Designing distribution boards based on lighting, socket outlets and air-conditioning circuits designed.
3. Designing of isolation kiosk based on shops load requirements and whether 3 phase or 1 phase was required
4. Provision for prepaid metering for individual shops on all 3 phase and 1 phase installations
5. Installation of LV reticulation and provision of electrical manholes, kiosks plinths and various cables sizes feeds for all individual shops
6. Installation of various sizes of distribution boards for each shop, including power skirting, socket outlets, indoor and outdoor lights, post top mounted area lighting, 1 phase and 3 phase prepaid meters
Client: Tshwane University of Technology (TUT)
Location: TUT Soshanguve Campus
Total Project Value: R 2Million
TSHWANE UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY (Soshanguve Campus)
• Design Library Heating Venting and Cooling system
• Design Rational Fire System
• Paraplegic Lift Indoor and Outdoor
• Fire Suppression System
• Very Early Smoke Detection System
• Public Address and Public Evacuation system
Client: Tshwane University of Technology
Project Location: Pretoria, Soshanguve
Project Value: R 2,065,046.00
Generic Core’s responsibility was design of all Mechanical Engineering Service, this included HVAC system, Fires Detection and Suppression Systems, Paraplegic Lifts and Public Address and Evacuation systems.
Additional to the specified roles the scope of work had complete in a specification format and compiled in to a Public Tender document, followed by adjudication of suitable contractor. This process comprised of these roles
1. Mechanical Specification
2. Design and Production of Drawings
3. Compilation of Tender Document
4. Adjudication of Suitable Contractor
5. Supervision of Contractor and Mechanical Specialists
6. Authorization of Progress Payment
Client: Vhembe Municipality
Location: Louis Trichardt
Project Value: R 10 million +
Generic Core was tasked with the construction of a 22kv Medium Voltage line to supply the newly constructed Makhado Waste Water Treatment Plant. In addition to the power line there was a requirement for supply, installation, testing and commissioning of all the electrical equipment responsible for the plant operation.
Technically speaking this included:
1. Construction of 2km 22KV MV Line and Installation of CTVT Unit
2. Supply, Installation and Commissioning of 22KV Switchgear
3. Supply, Installation and Commissioning Indoor Transformers and installation of the earth mats
4. Supply, installation and commissioning of the balance of the plant including a 350Kva Standby Generator
5. Supply, Installation and Commissioning of 4 MCC’s to control all pumps in the plant
6. Supply and Installation of Street Lights
7. General Electrical Building Installation, Testing and commission
8. Installation and Commissioning and Plant instrumentation Controls management system
9. The issuing of a certificate of compliance with a 12 months guarantee to the client for attendance of defects and liabilities for all electrical installations.