The Portfolio Committee on Environmental Affairs on Monday welcomed the signing, last week, of 27 contracts by Energy Minister Jeff …read more
The Coega Development Corporation (CDC) on Friday welcomed government’s commitment to clean energy, following the signing of 27 power purchase …read more
The Tanzania Electric Supply Company (Tanesco) will convene a work session for the power purchase agreement (PPA) task team for …read more
Agreements opening the way for the construction of 27 renewable-energy independent power producer (IPP) projects, with a combined investment value …read more
Energy minister Jeff Radebe was on Wednesday due to sign renewable energy agreements with independent power producers on behalf of …read more
South Africa’s state-owned power utility said it’s running low on coal at six stations as mines owned by the Gupta …read more
Power management multinational Eaton has launched a microgrid that powers its factory and campus in Wadeville, Gauteng, using second-hand lithium-ion …read more
Moody’s Investors Service on Wednesday, announced a decision to downgrade to B2 from B1 the long-term corporate family rating (CFR) …read more
Acting Eskom CEO Phakamani Hadebe said on Tuesday that the State-owned enterprise had raised R43-billion from the market and that …read more
Client: Private Developer
Location: Jane Furse – Limpopo
Project Value: R 2 Million
The electrical project scope including specification, design and costing had to be produced from scratch and presented to the client for adjustment to cater to the budget without quality and functionality compromise until approval stage.
Generic Core provided the designs, specifications, costing, did the full installation, commissioning and testing of the entire shopping centre. This included liaising with Eskom to provide client with line relocations, supply connections and supply load required as well as the certificate of compliance required by Eskom before electrical feed goes live. Pre-paid meters were installed and a final certificate of compliance issued.
1. Tasks included calculating lighting required based on sizes of the shops designed.
2. Designing distribution boards based on lighting, socket outlets and air-conditioning circuits designed.
3. Designing of isolation kiosk based on shops load requirements and whether 3 phase or 1 phase was required
4. Provision for prepaid metering for individual shops on all 3 phase and 1 phase installations
5. Installation of LV reticulation and provision of electrical manholes, kiosks plinths and various cables sizes feeds for all individual shops
6. Installation of various sizes of distribution boards for each shop, including power skirting, socket outlets, indoor and outdoor lights, post top mounted area lighting, 1 phase and 3 phase prepaid meters