Client: Private Developer
Location: Jane Furse – Limpopo
Project Value: R 2 Million
The electrical project scope including specification, design and costing had to be produced from scratch and presented to the client for adjustment to cater to the budget without quality and functionality compromise until approval stage.
Generic Core provided the designs, specifications, costing, did the full installation, commissioning and testing of the entire shopping centre. This included liaising with Eskom to provide client with line relocations, supply connections and supply load required as well as the certificate of compliance required by Eskom before electrical feed goes live. Pre-paid meters were installed and a final certificate of compliance issued.
1. Tasks included calculating lighting required based on sizes of the shops designed.
2. Designing distribution boards based on lighting, socket outlets and air-conditioning circuits designed.
3. Designing of isolation kiosk based on shops load requirements and whether 3 phase or 1 phase was required
4. Provision for prepaid metering for individual shops on all 3 phase and 1 phase installations
5. Installation of LV reticulation and provision of electrical manholes, kiosks plinths and various cables sizes feeds for all individual shops
6. Installation of various sizes of distribution boards for each shop, including power skirting, socket outlets, indoor and outdoor lights, post top mounted area lighting, 1 phase and 3 phase prepaid meters